Donald Trump’s first U.S. trademark application was filed in 1985 for TRUMP’S CASTLE for “casino services” and “hotel services.” This application never matured to registration. His first U.S. trademark registration was issued in 1987 for CASTLE for “casino services,” which he let expire in 1993. Trump’s oldest active mark (still being used today) is CENTRAL PARK for “bus terminal and automobile parking garage services.” Better yet, he also owns FIFTH AVENUE. His registration for FIFTH AVENUE was issued in 1993 for “casino services.” Read on, as we explore the vast world of Donald Trump Trademarks.
Donald Trump Trademark Ownership
Donald Trump is or was listed owner for 318 trademarks in the U.S. database. Trademarks are typically owned by corporations, which makes them hard to track if you are trying to learn whether an individual is tied to a trademark. However, it seems in Donald Trump’s case, he likes to apply for the marks as individual owner, only later to assign them to a corporation.
As of late, it seems he has changed his ways, and now files in corporation’s names. For example, TRUMP HOME and Design was filed March 3, 2016 for various articles of clothing in the name of DTTM OPERATIONS LLC. In addition, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN was filed by DONALD J. TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT, INC. His current trademark attorney is Patrice Jean of Hughes Hubbard of New York.
Nonetheless, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) records make it easy to find which ones were initially applied for in his name. Let’s dive in.
Donald Trump Dead Trademarks
Out of the 318 trademarks, 207 were dead. Dead trademarks are either applications that were unsuccessful or registrations that eventually abandoned. Below is a list of trademark applications or registrations that are listed as “Dead” on the USPTO database that Donald Trump previously owned. It’s not an exhaustive list, but rather a choice few.
- TRUMP THE GAME – Equipment sold as a unit for playing a board game. Abandoned 1990.
- TOUR DE TRUMP – Organizing and conducting a bicycle race. Cancelled 1998.
- TRUMP AIRLINES – Air transportation services. Cancelled 1997.
- GOBI DESSERT – Hotel restaurant services. Cancelled 1998.
- TRUMPNET – Corporate telephone communication services. Abandoned 1990.
- TRUMP WORLD’S FAIR – Casino services. Cancelled 2005.
- TRUMP’S AMERICAN PALE ALE – Beer. Cancelled 2007.
- THE DONALD – Prepared alcoholic cocktails. Cancelled 2007.
- THE TRUMP FOLLIES – Entertainment services, namely, dramatic theater productions, musical theater productions; live comedic performances; cabarets acts; entertainment in the nature of live visual and audio performances, namely, musical, variety, and comedy shows; providing an on-line radio program in the fields of variety, comedy, drama, and talent shows… Abandoned 2009.
- TOBACCO ROAD – Ongoing scripted television series in the nature of drama; Entertainment services, namely, an on-going television program in the field of drama; presentation of live show performances in the nature of readings by individuals; Entertainment in the nature of on-going television programs in the field of reality-based shows, variety shows, comedy, and drama… Abandoned 2009.
- TRUMP SUPER SPEEDWAY – Organizing, conducting, and sponsoring entertainment events in the field of races featuring automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, and go-carts. Abandoned 2008.
- TRUMP VODKA – Vodka. Abandoned 2008.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP MASTERY PROGRAM – Educational services in the nature of conducting on-line courses in the fields of business and real estate. Abandoned 2007.
- TRUMP GO TRUMP.COM TRAVEL TRUMP STYLE – On-line travel agency services… Cancelled 2014.
- TRUMP UNIVERSITY – Printed materials, namely, books, for home study courses in the field of real estate and entrepreneurship. Cancelled 2014.
Donald Trump Live Trademarks
There are 111 live trademarks owned by Donald Trump (or initially filed by him). Live trademarks are ones that are currently being used or are pending. Redundant names were removed.
- AFFORDABLE LUXURY COMES HOME
- CENTRAL PARK
- DONALD J. TRUMP SIGNATURE COLLECTION
- DONALD TRUMP
- DONALD TRUMP THE FRAGRANCE
- EMPIRE BY TRUMP
- EVERY NUMBER TELLS A STORY
- FIFTH AVENUE
- H 2 EAU
- MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
- MAR A LAGO
- SELECT BY TRUMP
- SUCCESS BY TRUMP
- T TRUMP HOLLYWOOD
- T TRUMP TOWER TAMPA A DONALD J. TRUMP SIGNATURE PROPERTY
- TAJ MAHAL
- THE DONALD J. TRUMP SIGNATURE COLLECTION
- THE ESTATES AT TRUMP NATIONAL GOLF CLUB
- THE MAR-A-LAGO CLUB
- THE RIVER WALK SHOPS AT TRUMP INTERNATIONAL
- THE SPA AT TRUMP
- THE TRUMP NETWORK
- THE TRUMP ORGANIZATION
- THE TRUMP SPA AT MAR A LAGO
- THE TRUMP WORLD TOWER
- THE TRUMP WORLD TOWER AT UNITED NATIONS PLAZA
- TRUMP ATTACHÉ
- TRUMP CARD
- TRUMP ENTERTAINMENT RESORTS
- TRUMP GOLF LINKS
- TRUMP GRANDE OCEAN RESORT & RESIDENCES
- TRUMP HOLLYWOOD
- TRUMP HOME
- TRUMP HOTEL COLLECTION
- TRUMP ICE
- TRUMP INTERNATIONAL GOLF CLUB
- TRUMP INTERNATIONAL HOTEL & TOWER
- TRUMP MODEL MANAGEMENT
- TRUMP NATIONAL GOLF CLUB
- TRUMP OCEAN CLUB
- TRUMP ONE
- TRUMP PALACE
- TRUMP PARC
- TRUMP PARK
- TRUMP PARK AVENUE
- TRUMP PLACE
- TRUMP PLAZA
- TRUMP ROYALE
- TRUMP SOHO
- TRUMP T
- TRUMP TAJ MAHAL CASINO-RESORT
- TRUMP TOWER
- TRUMP TOWER AT CITY CENTER
- UNITED STATES POKER CHAMPIONSHIP
As mentioned above, corporations typically own trademarks, thus, the list is not exhaustive. This is simply a list of ones in which Donald Trump was or is listed as applicant at one point in time. The list is pretty accurate, but not an all-encompassing compilation of Trump trademarks.
Donald Trump Trademarks Filed Under Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
- KEEP AMERICA GREAT!
- KEEP AMERICA GREAT
- MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN