Extension of Time to Oppose
- 30-Minute Attorney Consultation Regarding the Legal Basis of your Claim
- Attorney Drafted & Filing of 30 Day Extension of Time to File an Opposition
*Per class; Service only includes filing the 30 Day Extension Request. Client may extend said period by sixty (60) additional days for an additional legal fee of $99, and an additional $100 government filing fee. Any additional filings and/or negotiations are not included without payment of a retainer.
Defending a U.S. Opposition
- Free Attorney Consultation Regarding the Legal Basis of the Claims Alleged in the Opposition
- Attorney Drafted & Signed Response Refuting the Allegations Contained in the Opposition and Presenting any Defenses You May Have
- Representation Through the Opposition Proceeding, Including Settlement Negotiations, if Applicable
*Minimum retainer of $1,125. Opposition response may necessitate a counterclaim filing with a potential government filing fee of $400 per international class.
Opposing a U.S. Trademark
- 30-Minute Attorney Consultation Regarding the Legal Basis to Oppose Registration
- Attorney Drafted & Signed Petition to Oppose, filed with the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board
- Includes USPTO Filing Fee of $400 for one international class
*Fee includes $400 government filing fee. If more than one class, $400 government filing fee will be due per class.
Service only includes filing the Petition to Oppose. Any additional filings and/or negotiations are not included without payment of a retainer.
Oppositions are legal proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the USPTO. These proceedings seek to prevent a mark from acquiring registration. The grounds to file an opposition vary. Some examples include prior use in the U.S., descriptiveness, fraud, and genericness. Time limits are strictly enforced in these types of proceedings and you should seek assistance from a trademark opposition attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can help you through this difficult process by filing the proper documents with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and notifying you of required deadlines. Hire a trademark opposition attorney to assist you in your next filing.